Illuminate the Dark
Scrap Matrix 'Art by Marlene' Challenge

Hello all! 

It's Lisa here today to share some crafty goodness,
 created for this month's challenge over at

Scrap Matrix 

For this challenge, I have created an 'Art by Marlene' inspired layout,
featuring my daughter and her best friend.

'Illuminate the Dark'


For this layout, I have started with a white cardstock base. 
I have given it a coat of 'Dina Wakley Clear Gesso' to seal my page. 

I have then used my 'Distress Oxide Spray in Faded Jeans'
mixed with some water to flow around my page. 


I have used my heat gun to dry it, as I keep moving the liquid around the area I want it. 
This way I get layers of deeper blue and areas of lighter blue. 

Then out come some stamps :)


First I have used my 'Art by Marlene -Storms Don't Last Stamp Set',
I have used the flower stamps and my 'Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans',
to randomly stamp around my page. 


Next, I have used the 'AAll & Create - Stamp #35'
'7 Dots Studio - Northern Lights Stamp Set' 
& my 'Art by Marlene' stamps, using the hearts and crosses,
with my 'Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black' 


Now I need some more layers of goodness.
For this, I have used 'Art by Marlene Collage Papers 3 & 4'.

I have found pieces in the colours I wanted and have adhered them to my page. 
Some have been scrunched and tucked in and layered with some gauze. 


I have added some 'Vintage Lace 2 - Diane Cream' and then my photo.


I have added a 'Leaf Silver Charm', tucked under the corner of my photo. 


I have also used my 'AAll & Create Stamp #35' to stamp a sentiment for my page. 


I have then added some 
'Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Diary Back Chat Stickers' 
 to my layout.


I have finished with my title, 
stamping my 'Art by Marlene - Storms Don't Last Stamps'
sentiment with black ink. 

I had a lot of fun with this layout. 
It's fun to try something new. 

I hope that you like what I have created.

Until next Time!

Lisa